Suddenly yardsticks for our judgment have changed. Opinions, morphed as judgments, are passed not on merit or weighing its consequences for the society, but by the yardstick of the colour events wear. The Nanavati Commission's report is to be discarded even before its pages are browsed because the Narendra Modi government instituted it and it shows Hindus as victims. The Bannerjee report is to be trusted because the secular Lalu Yadav instituted it and shows Hindus as aggressors. Strange logic.
Who speaks for the Indian?
Inspector M.C.Sharma's funeral is not to be attended because he shot at Muslims. When the men in khaki arrested the Kanchi Shankaracharya, not a single secular channel or newspaper cast any doubt on the police reports and statements. But when the men in khaki arrested a few from Jamia Milia, doubts were raised immediately and investigative journalism flowered.
Please read the following significant revelations:
The BJP government decided to undertake a census to find out how many Muslims there were in the armed forces, at each level, and in each unit.
The BJP government decided to survey the entire civil service to find out how many Muslims were employed and at what level.
The BJP government decided to set up National Advisory Council run by a prominent BJP/RSS leader. Its job is to consult with NGOs that are friendly to the BJP/RSS in order to seek advice on government policy. The Council, in turn, would propose legislation that the BJP government would implement. Of course, the NAC is not elected and has no constitutional power.
Riots took place between Buddhists and Muslims in Ladakh, at a time when the Chief Minister of Jammu and Kashmir is a long-time BJP politician from Jammu who has been appointed CM by the high command in Delhi.
A cabinet minister in the Rajasthan's BJP govt., who had also taken part in the Ayodhya kar seva announced in a public meeting at Kota that Rs. 51 crores will be awarded to any one who will slay M.F.Hussain and further he would be weighed in gold and that gold will also be handed over to him as a mark of Hindus' gratitude for punishing the bad guy.
Of course, it was a Congress government that did all these things and the last act by a S.P. minister. Suppose it had been a BJP government, can you imagine the outrage and hostility of the "secular" Indian media and intelligentsia? Somehow they keep quiet when someone else does it.
Sitting in my small balcony watching Sreedharan's miracle called Delhi Metro passing by, I tried to make some points that require some answers I fail to provide.
1 Kanchi Shankaracharya was arrested on wild allegations while performing puja on Diwali night in the name of law and announcing that the statute is above all. But the non bailable warrants against Imam Bukhari were refused to be executed by Congress govt. through an affidavit filed in the court.
2. Denmark cartoons of the prophet were denounced and the govt. expressed 'concern'. And all of us agreed. But when M.F.Hussain drew an obscene picture of Mother India and other Hindu goddesses, nothing happened. Doesn't Mother India belong to all of her children-Hindus, Muslims, Christians alike? Similarly no govt. statement of 'concern' came out on the ugly depiction of devi Durga by an Athens ad agency.
3. In the case of Aligarh Muslim University, when the Supreme Court said it can't be declared a minority institute, the Minister refuses to accept it and comforts his vote zone that a law would be made to annul court's decision.
4. In the case of the infamous I.M.D.T. act in Assam , which protects the Bangla Deshi infiltrators rather than to facilitate their ouster, Supreme Court ruling was again flayed and the chairperson of the ruling combine assures in Assam that the same would remain in vogue.
5. Hajj is helped through lavish grants while Hindu pilgrims to Kailas Manasarovar are not.
6.Negotiations on Kashmir have been reduced to a Muslim alone platform and all the permits, Aman Setu and talks revolve around Muslim outfits while Kashmiri Hindus remain as neglected as ever, who have been turned refugees in their own free and secular nation. No plans or announcements are made even to remotely suggest that they will go back home soon. Imagine what this govt. and the powerful secular press might have done if Muslims were made to flee from a Hindu majority state in India?
7. Iran vote by India has been turned into a Muslim issue by the most pronounced secular parties like CPM and Samajwadi, on the other hand when a neighbouring Hindu monarchy and its citizens are brutally assaulted by the Communist terrorist group, it becomes a question of democracy and the killers are projected and interviewed as heroes of a mass revolution. 7. The same govt. invites the Saudi King as chief guest at its republic day parade, knowing well that there is no individual freedom or human rights in the kingdom and Hindus are not allowed to practice their pujas even in the private precincts there.
8. Andhra govt. announces job reservations for Muslims alone in the face of adverse judgments by Andhra High Court and Supreme Court.
9. Valentines Day has become a new national festival , so the freedom to celebrate it means being modern and progressive and any different voice is debunked as retrograde and obscurantist specially targeting Hindutva organizations for saying what they believe in. Just one or two small protests out of 500 cities, are shown twenty-four hours to use it to denounce an entire community.
10. A congregation of the Hindu tribals to rise above social discriminations and ill practices of the caste and regionalism for safeguarding religious identity is condemned as an affront to other religions and pronounced as a 'war' on the secular right to convert Hindus. That the high priests of the Hindu society mingled with the so called low caste people and tried to erase the stigmas is not found even worth mentioning.
"PM faces EU ire over the 'massacre' of Christians', ran a front page headline. Thank god, Mehrauli's Santosh and Kandhmaal's Swami Lakshmanananda didn't have any lobby in France or US. What a relief. They were not concerned at the growing violence in India. Just the faithful of their colour make their world. Anything, any hurt, is a 'massacre', 'mayhem', and 'pogrom' if seculars so wish. It makes good headlines abroad and even better grants and awards for the academic crusaders.
Prime Minister couldn't say-well I think Christians in Bangalore and Orissa too are Indians, who are you to tell me what should I be doing in my home?
When noise and cacophony rules, victims look as aggressors. Hard law is bad, because it was "used" against a particular community. Police is bad because it's arresting and targeting a particular community.
Terror is secular, khaki is suspect
While the nation and her security forces that includes the police too, stand firm to combat terrorism, the state power and the seculars are providing focused support to terrorists and enhancing their morale through statements and casting doubt on the motives of the anti-terror action. India's secular cabinet ministers demanded lifting of a ban on a terrorist organization, proposed Indian citizenship to millions of illegal Bangladeshi infiltrators, refused to say a word of encouragement to the security forces fighting terrorists but publicly assured help to the accused whom police, a part of the government, arrested for blasting Delhi and killing citizens.
All these secular statements had just one consideration religion of the groups they want to support or oppose. The seculars have become the worst kind of communal hate spreaders, with their extreme one-sided postures and acidic language. In a way these rabble-rousing seculars have become a security threat affecting the societal fabric and the morale of the policemen and soldiers.
They ordered a communal head count in the army, ignored and downgraded celebrations of Bharat Vijay Diwas, 16th December, and Kargil Vijay Diwas, stopped observing the Pokharan test anniversary in Delhi and failed to show due respect to Field Marshall Manekshaw. All this can't just be exception; they show a trend, an attitude.
They know their side
In the secular dispensation, to be objective, liberal and broadminded and have sympathies on humanitarian grounds are reserved only for terror groups. Is it a secret that these seculars leave no stone unturned to create an atmosphere where procedural mechanism to punish the guilty is influenced and driven to believe that the arrested criminal is not the culprit, but the victim of an incompetent state apparatus.
Remember how a vigorous campaign to release a lecturer of the same Jamia Milia Islamia was launched in spite of Delhi police submitting a truckload of evidence about his involvement in the attack on Parliament? And the famous case of Abdul Mahdani, declared as the "main accused" in the Coimbatore bomb blast case, which left 58 dead? Karunanidhi went to see him in jail, provided all the facilities, including a regular masseur, and finally when on purely "technical" points he was released, Kerala's Left Front cabinet ministers came out and accorded him a public felicitation?The charges against Mahdani were as follows:
"Accused No. 14 Mahdani is one of the key conspirators in the Coimbatore bomb blasts case."
"Accused of collecting and transferring explosives to the town, ripped by a series of bomb blasts on February 14, 1998."
"Charged under Sections 302 IPC (Murder); 307 IPC (Attempt to Murder); 153-A IPC (Creating hatred among communities); Section 5 of the Explosives Act and Section 25 of the Arms Act.
"Public prosecutor Balasundarm, arguing against Mahdani, had expressed "surprise" over the judgment to release him and said he did a good job in assimilating the voluminous evidence of documents 1785 documents marked as evidence, 1300 witnesses and over 15,000 pages of investigation records. If indeed the case had been presented as thoroughly as claimed, why did it fail?
Maulanas are silent, teachers do not speak out and the common men suffer in silence. Is that the way we are going to deal with this war? If people don't forge solidarity and revolt and keep looking to politicians for all solutions, even god will think twice about helping them.