New Delhi, Aug 6 (PTI) Army today refuted a media report which claimed that two jawans were beheaded by Pakistan -trained militants during an encounter in Jammu and Kashmir last week. "The story is incorrect with respect to beheading (of soldiers). It belittles the sacrifices made by our soldiers and is also hurting the feeling of families and the Army," Additional Director General (Public Information) Major General Sanjeev Madhok said here. An infiltration attempt was foiled by the army on the night of July 31 in Karen sector in Jammu and Kashmir leading to a heavy encounter with heavy firing from both sides on Line of Control (LoC) in which three jawans received fatal injuries and one JCO was injured, he said. "Some (jawans) fell on the other side (of LoC) too, how many, one does not know for sure as it was dark. You must understand that when there is heavy firing some amount of mutilation does take place," Madhok said. The army''s statement came after a media report today claimed that Pakistan-based terrorists had beheaded two Indian soldiers during an encounter on the LoC. It further claimed the incident took place when a group of militants tried to infiltrate into the Indian side by crossing the LoC.